December 20, 2005

Peace of Mind

I'm moved in to Tom's mobile home in Austin; sort of. All the big stuff, and much of the little stuff (including Kitty and Patches) is here. I still have some things I need to go back to Houston and either sell or bring.

Luckily, that huge bed that Sunny loved so much, and the huge dresser that came with it, fit. I really wanted that dresser, because the top has a mirror, and six corner shelves along the side of the mirrors for knick-knacks (or small photos). I may even be able to get both night stands to fit. Maybe even 3!

The moving company was great. I used Peace of Mind Movers. I had submitted for a quote, and they were the first to get back with me; the only ones who gave me an estimate outright, and they just seemed to be the friendliest. Everything worked out great. They knew what they were doing, and the owner, John, was one of the movers. They even used mapquest to find my apartment and Tom's place.

The only thing really lacking at Tom's is closet space; so I need to find a way to expand that. Looks like I'll be folding most of my clothes instead of hanging them. The bookshelf fit niftily right outside the computer room; and with some organization, I may even be able to fit the computer desk in here; although Tom is thinking of moving his computer into his room; since his laptop is about dead.

I'm going down to a temp agency to register later today, and will apply at GSD&M too. I'm holding off on applying at news stations as a last resort, and retail as a next to last resort.

I'm so happy just to be in Austin. John seems so unhappy in Houma. I hope he finds his way out of there soon. His music is really good, and he's just a great guy. If Houma is the hell he says it is, he doesn't belong there.

"Life will give you the deadliest stings
Shocking angels out of their wings
As the halos descend into the world below
and the devil knows it makes a good show"
-John "Depechekin" Bordelon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happy! I wish I were there with you, Houma does suck and I just don't want to be here at all, I feel so lonely and downtrodden!

by the way, it's time for you to happily change the location on your blog from Houston to Austin :)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home