December 06, 2005

Home


I've been in Austin since Friday night. It's been so nice. This is HOME. Green trees everywhere, Town Lake, Barton Springs, Zilker Park. Threadgill's and Chuy's and Kirby Lane. The skyline at night. Fresh air. Good friends.

I brought my friend John down here with me. He has been amazed by it all. We took some really great photos, too. John's from Louisiana, but I found him in Galveston while he was staying with his Aunt. He's a bit nuts (apparently something in that Houma, Louisiana water since all his friends seem nuts too) but he's also intelligent, warm, and creative (goes with nuts?). We've known each other less than a month, and have already grown close. I think that strange finger of God is at work again. Not to make us lovers, like with Tom or Sunny; but so that we can both rise out of the depression and rut we both are in. We were both at a point where we needed to know there was more to life than what we were living. Both had suffered a loss; mine by Sunny's death, and his by the disappearance of his boyfriend. He's had a lover die in his past as well, so he can understand what I'm going through. Who knows where the friendship will go? I never plan relationships, they just take me by storm.

Today, we're taking some furniture from Tom's trailer to the dump, so that I have room for some of mine (which is in better shape). After that, it's off to San Antonio to visit Sunny's grave. They finally put a headstone on it. And then; it's off to Houston again to pack up and move.


And then to find work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home