November 20, 2005

One Green Balloon 11/14/05

Your note to Sunny
wished him well
in the Afterlife

You asked, "Did I do enough? Did I do it right?"

And let go

One Green Balloon
carried the note (folded
and folded and folded)
up, up, away
into the cloudy sky


Mr. Lightsy danced with his wife
and Peggy sobbed as her husband moped away

But you smiled, hands in your pocket
as you watched Sunny skitter away
almost gleefully
into a patch of blue between the puffs of cloud
shrinking into a period
on God's eternal note.


He was free at last
and your heart was at peace.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I know what you are going through. Your poem 'the green balloon' made me feel your pain. I know you've heard it a hundred times, and it won't help you right now, but believe me time will heal your pain and your sorrow will turn to joy. One day you'll be riding in your car talking out load to him with the love in your heart feeling really lucky to have known such a lovely man.
Mike

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home