September 23, 2006

Night of the Elks

Tonight was both fun and dissapointing.

Friends from work who belonged to the local Elks lodge invited me out to the lodge for a few drinks after work tonight. My first thought was of a bunch of older men with antlers on their heads. But Blake assured me that they were a pretty laid back bunch, and while many who went there during the day were older, it was a younger crowd at night (not that age really matters to me, as I've generally gotten along better with older people all of my life).

I called a friend of mine whom I've been seeing, to see if he wanted to go along. He didn't answer his phone, so I figured he might not have taken the day off after all, as he said he may not. Tomorrow is his birthday, and I guess he was planning to celebrate. And celebrate he did. I drove by his place on the way to the lodge, and discovered that he had some company. I was disappointed, as I had hoped to spend the weekend with him. He never said he would have company, and he probably didn't have it planned. I can't really be upset, as we are not in any sort of relationship other than dating; nevertheless, I was disappointed.

I went on to the lodge though, and had fun there. There was even a very handsome (but trying very hard to be straight) man there that I chatted with for a while. This is why I didn't want any commitments again anytime soon.

I wasn't even good at monogamy when I had the sweetest man in the world at my side.

I just hope my dear friend had a pleasant night, and I hope he knows how special he is to me even if I am not the marrying kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home